Sunday, February 24, 2008

Parting is such (sweet?) sorrow

I apologize in advance for what I am about to announce. I am not apologizing for the announcement itself, but rather for the informal and completely impersonal way that I am making it. Some of you, my readers, will feel slighted that I did not call you with the news. I am sorry, but due to lack of time, I may never get to it. I will try, but I am making no promises!

Anyways, on to the big news.......NO, I am not pregnant again. I know that is what you were all thinking. Actually, our news is that (in just a short month---aaaahhhh!) Toddler World will be moving to a new galaxy. Well, almost--we will be taking our crew to Colorado!!! This has happened very suddenly, but God seems to be leading in every step so far. There is ALOT that has to happen before then, and hopefully it will! :-)

A few changes will occur here at Toddler World, due to this major life event:

1) I will not be posting as much or checking your blogs as often. If I appear to be doing either, please leave a comment telling me to get back to work!

2) Toddler World will become my "general" blog soon, and I will be moving my family news to a restricted site which you will have to email me to gain access to. It will be a few weeks before this happens though.....

3) I may seem (more) scatterbrained and my posts may not make any sense. But please bear with me, as I will need a mental outlet. :-)

And if any of you have any fabulous moving tips, send them my way! I have only moved from the dorms to here, so we have alot more stuff to deal with now. I can use any help I can get!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Coach...I am praying for you. I know this is HUGE for you, but I am excited to see how God is leading your family to "new adventures." Sadly, no MBBC soccer game will ever be the same for me. No longer will I feel like I can just wander to the bench, and enjoy being with the team. Thank you for the sacrifices you have made over the years for the betterment of MBBC. Sharing your husband with all these crazy soccer players was no small task! But, God used him, and used you to change our lives. Thank you.

sara said...

OH MY WORD!!!! I hope there will be MORE details coming!!! And I hope to be added to your private blog.

I will pray for you! Sounds like you have a lot of work to do!

Donette said...

WOW! That is big news! Have you known for some time, or is this a quick decision? Now I am losing my only connection to what's happening at MBBC!

I agree with Sara, I hope there are more details coming, and I definately want to be in on your personal family blog.

Happy packing - for that I am definately not jealous!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Josh on his new job opportunity! I'll look forward to hearing more details and will definitely request to have access to your new family blog.

My hubby's better at packing than I am. He's willing to pitch, box, and shrink wrap everything.

Hope to see you before you move!

PinkAngel said...

Call me with details. Does this mean your out for Boston now??? I'm the queen of moving so I can give all kinds of advice. BTW, we're moving again Friday!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this IS a big change for you guys. I'll be praying for you!

As for the packing....good luck! Honestly, pack 1 box (I typically use a laundry basket for this, but you could throw this stuff in a suitcase too...) with fresh sheets, toilet paper, an all-purpose cleaner, handsoap and a towel...basic necessity stuff. Then at least when you're exhaused from unpacking, you'll know where your sheets are so you can sleep. You can use the bathroom and do some general cleaning up of your new abode if needed....

Robotti Adventures said...

Moving is always an adventure. We have moved 6 times in the 8 years we have been married and we lived in one place for 4.5 years. My best piece of advice is it is alot more fun to pack when you have friends helping you. And I really do wish I was closer to help. At least I will get to see you in March before you leave.

Tim and Tina said...

Sarah, You guys should check out having professional movers. When we moved from Wisconsin to Arizona a couple of years ago we found that the professional movers cost about the same as renting a Uhaul once we calculated the gas for the Uhaul and everything. It also made the trip a lot easier, and they pack and unpack the truck for you so you just have to tell them where to put the stuff in your new place. Hope this helps.

Tina

Kevin and Jill Thompson said...

I agree with Tina! At least get the trailers that they drop off and pick up. Once you drive a truck out there you'll spend hundreds more than the cost of renting a truck. I learned that the hard way all the way to Florida. Plus its so much easier to just drive a regular vehicle out there.

mitchells2000 said...

Having moved over 20 some times in my short 30 years, I believe I am a moving expert! I'm with Jill and Tina... we used movers once, and it was the BEST thing we ever did! The lack of stress and hassle was well worth the extra money (especially if you have little ones!) My other MAJOR suggestion is to try to pack like things together, and then LABEL specifically and COLOR CODE for each room. It makes it so much easier! :-)
Please add me to your personal blog, too... crhbmitchellfam@juno.com

Happy packing, and you'll be in my prayers! What an exciting time for you! :-) (I've always wanted to live in CO!)

Sarah said...

Thanks for all of the tips and encouragement everyone! I will have to look into movers....anything to keep us more organized! :-)

gone forever said...

I am SOOO excited for you! CO is awesome, and now I'll have a place to stay...lol =p.

as for my moving advice...make sure you go SOUTH about 1100 miles before heading West. (that way you can see me =p).

SturgillMom said...

Congratulations on your move! I am assuming that I won't see you this summer now?!?! Please include me on your new blog. I really want to hear details about your move....I will be praying for you guys!

Stacy said...

Wow! Sounds like some big changes for you guys. I'll be praying for your family...especially for patience and strength for you as you pack with all of the little ones around. By the way, I LOVE the music on your blog! Sometimes I just pull up your blog while I'm working around the house to listen to the music.

Anonymous said...

BTW...can you add me to the list for your new blog? Thanks!

Jana said...

What???? I finally move closer to you and you move even farther away!!!!!!

mom2mine said...

Wow. what big news. I am eager to hear details also.

I agree with looking into your other options. We have moved 8 times and b far the easiet was when we used Upack. We packed it up in WY and they dropped it off here. Also, melissa is VERY right about one box with the neccessities. I also keep a couple changes of close for each person seperate too.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

WHAT?! Girl. I want details. You know one of our pastors just moved out there?

I'm so excited for you and so....sad. I will miss you and your close proximity.

beth terpstra said...

i am SO SO jealous! i would LOVE to move to colorado. hope you love it! please keep me informed!
love ya girl!