
In case I have any new readers who are completely confused by these posts each week, I will explain.....
I am part of a blogging "network", brought together by Erin of $5 Dinners. This lady gives fabulous tips on how to make dinners for cheap, and she decided to start a feature called "Bargain Meal of the Week" so that bloggers all over the nation could share local deals with their readers. Thus, why I post "Bargain Meals" each week. It is a fun little way to merge my love for cooking with my love for deals. Make sure you check out Erin's blog--she is a wealth of knowledge!
Please keep in mind that with most of my bargain meal posts, I assume that you have some of the recipe ingredients on hand. (the basics--spices, garlic, sauces, etc.) If you do not, this may add some cost to my estimates.
I hope that if you are a Colorado reader, you are able to use some of my recipes. If so, leave a comment so I know I am being helpful! lol
I will post two meals this week, because I know the first one will not be liked by some of you. :-)
(I, on the other hand, think it sounds DELICIOUS!)
And then the 2nd recipe sounds absolutely disgusting to me, but I am posting it in honor of a few southern friends I have....enjoy?????
Have fun this week, preparing for the coming of fall.....I love this time of year!
Meal #1: Grilled Eggplant with Crumbled Bacon
Red Peppers--10/$10 (need 2)
Eggplant--10/$10 (need 1)
Feta Cheese--$2.99 (use 1/2 cup)
Kroger Sliced Bacon--2/$5 (cook 5 slices and crumble on top of cheese)
Est. Cost: $5.00
Meal #2: Fried Bologna Sandwiches with Coleslaw and Chips
Oscar Mayer Bologna--$1.49
Kraft Cheese--$1.49
King Soopers White Bread--$1.29
Deli Connection Coleslaw--$2.99 (use 1 lb.)
Sun Chips--$2.48
Est. Cost: $5.05
2 comments:
You got Oscar Mayer Bologna for $1.49? You GO, girl!! I'm impressed...
I know, huh?! I love my grocery store--it has some good deals!
Post a Comment