And now, my dear readers, you should all feel extremely blessed and special at this moment because I am going to let you in on a famous family recipe. Well, at least a family recipe....er, well, actually just one I made up. But "family recipes" have to start with someone, right? I am hoping to pass it down for generations to come.
My sister and I actually collaborated on this recipe, and I have perfected it over the last (almost) 7 years of marriage. It is the only recipe I make that I actually feel proud of. I know that it is not right to be prideful, but--after you try it, you may be proud of yourself too. :-) It is one of the only dishes I make that I--without fail--get asked for the recipe. The only drawback is that you have to like spicy foods. DO NOT try this if that is not the case!
So, without further adieu.......
Sarah’s Famous Chicken Enchiladas
*1 cup sour cream
*1 cup Ro-tel (diced tomatoes and green chilis)
*2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
*7-8 taco-size flour tortillas
To prepare:
2) Pour one cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
3) Fill each tortilla with: 3-4 spoonfuls of cooked chicken, one T. of sour cream, 1 T. of Rotel, and 1 small handful of cheese.
4) Roll up tortilla and place vertically in pan. Cover with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (until edges of tortillas get brown).
6) Enjoy!!!
(I sometimes fill the tortillas with black beans or rice to make the dish more filling. You can also top with sliced olives before baking.)
9 comments:
argh...my other comment disappeared...so you're gonna get the short version. I said something like...
you're much more patient than me...my enchiladas consist of random layers of red sauce, tortillas (flat across the pan), cooked diced chicken, cream of chicken soup, and cheese. THen I just cook it until the cheese melts. My sour cream goes on just before I eat it on my plate =p.
AWE! I had forgotten that tablecloth came from you! It's hard to keep track. It's 6-9 mo. and she's almost too long for it!! She's 6 mo. today =)! WOW!
sounds yummy - think i'll try it this week. i love cooking...
This is one of the best meals at our house, top 3 for sure. . .
They sound good, but now I want to know what the other top 2 are.
I make something similar. It has cream of chicken soup, sour cream, onions,chicken and green chilies in it. It's awesome! I'm going to have to try this one out also. Sounds yummy but then again I love anything Mexican! =) Thanks for sharing!
Sarah -
I'm not sure if you've tried to email me regarding your win of my giveaway on Lizzie's Home (I commented on a post you did over the weekend to let you know), but I haven't received a message from you on my end. Please try again! You've won the homeschooling book from last week's Bloggy Giveaway :)
Lizzie
http://lizzieshome.blogspot.com/
lizzies-home@hotmail.com
Hi! I've tried to email you about your Usborne book giveaway. I hadn't gotten a response and I thought that maybe your emails were getting caught by a spam filter or something.
It might be easier for you to leave a comment on my blog. Thanks, Karma
Those chicken enchiladas sound really good right now.
I sent your free oil out in the mail today, so you should be receiving it soon. I even double-bubbled the bottle to ensure its safe arrival. :)
thanks very much for stopping by If I Were Debt Free. We'll be sure to try the recipe. It's sounds simple yet delicious....in fact I'm getting pretty hungry! if you haven't already come across them, my wife (a sahm) has 2 blogs- wwww.christinascottish.blogspot.com and wwww.clothconfessions.blogspot.com
Post a Comment